Monday 8 November 2010

Letter

      
You ask me silently
how far
I will let you fall
before you break,
and how far
I might ever go
away…
for although you say nothing, I
see questions below
your surface
that beg me, answer them.

But your answers, my friend, are
like the wind
on which we ride, as winged
horses or fireflies,
across moonlit lakes and misty
skies, with our lives on our backs…

Your answers are dreams, my darling,
- torture racks –
worth no more than the carpet
tacks that make up
your secret bed of nails. And so,
the truth is,
I will let you fall and flail, for eternity,
for where is the harm in wanting
nothing from me?
Where is the foul in comfort and glory,
and in time…and friendship…
immortal?

This much
is important…

…I will stay forever…

…if it only
makes you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment