Wednesday 7 June 2017

Reasons

    
-->
Sitting across,

you looked in my eyes,

wrote untrue words, drew

lines,

on me,

that I need to erase,

that warped our memories and

crushed

days and nights,

of knowing firmly, what I am,

in your mind, in your heart,

under your

mouth

and your hands



from someone precious,

and carried in your soul,

to someone who fills, gaps, alone,

not a constant

but an occasional thing;

feelings on, feelings off; like a

passing wasp’s sting that smarts,

intense for a while,

then fades and erodes

as a passionate smile between

those, I know,

light each others’

worlds; a momentary sparkle

of a diamond,

or a glint, of the pearl

I knew myself,

to be,

in your eyes,



until you were wearing this new

disguise that denies

all I felt, and yet see:

you are not, you are not,

what you’d have

me believe,



not just a taker, out to

deceive; who casts and reels

however he pleases for no reasons,

more,

than he can;

that is not the measure of

the man that sits now

carving his name

on my heart;



he does it

just the same

as at the very start; when I know,

I carved mine on his too,

and slowly thereafter, neither

one of us moved without

holding the other…



…cradling them,

in their chest,

each day;

veiled and undercover



to protect what ignites in a look,

or a touch;

not nothing, at all, but far too much

to define,

or ever describe –

something we cannot help

but keep hiding,

like a heart,

drawn quickly, in the sand:



of me,

of  you,

this is all I have ever believed;



the only reasons I understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment