Thursday 14 January 2010

Love...and Coffee.

Hot and addictive...and bitter when cold.

Caffeine

Filter the coffee
bring it over here
lie down with me a while,
ignore the chill of the
kitchen tiles
creeping
across your skin.
Turn your body to answer mine
open your eyes
and let me in; for I need a favour now.
I have to ask you to forget,
not to remember this kiss,
not to let it
crawl
inside of you.
Don't recall where
you passed your hands
and leave
where we danced
early
on Saturday mornings
far behind.
Don't let your soul yawn,
hunger, yearn,
for what it cannot have.
Be thankful for the dream, my love,
scalding
in your china cup, but sip it now,
and let
the caffeine wake you up.

5 comments:

  1. Love love love this Amy.

    This part in particular gave me goosebumps:
    I have to ask you to forget,
    not to remember this kiss,
    not to let it
    crawl
    inside of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen! I'm so happy you dropped by to read and enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm its gooood!

    ReplyDelete