Saturday 1 May 2010

Complicated?

  
So
you’re all smoke
and mirrors,
are you?
Well there’s something
I don’t
believe –
come over here and sit, I’ll show you
you’re not so complicated
as you like
to think.

You want the same things
that the rest of us do,
it’s just that foolish,
valiant
you, would rather be brave;
would rather be
misery’s slave, would rather no one
ever says what is really
on your mind and written
right across your face
in those
big
black
letters –
upper
case…

Forget grace and dignity!
What about faith
and liberty and all
the natural calls of your fevered heart?
I see
through
that part of you that wants
only
to hide,
and I listen like a seashell to
the voice you have inside your armour plate -
I want you to hear now
that it’s okay
to laugh, to feel, and to lie about
the truth
and to need
- like air -
the very same things
as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment