Tuesday 24 July 2012

Moths

“If you can see your path laid out in front of you step by step, you know it's not your path. Your own path you make with every step you take. That's why it's your path.” - Joseph Campbell
  
The sky's the thing
to an angel-winged moth; that
drapes its deafening, ragged, moon-cloth
along the most jagged of stars...to me the
things that pull are the scars of 'forever'
and 'might have been'; the moths
have hoped, and glistened,
and seen, their own pathway along
shining sea... For me, perhaps,
not so clear;
whatever somehow
feels
near; always yet further
away. I could follow them
for another day, or night -
the light ones
that have
so often
led me astray,
walk with them into
uncertain waves and call
with wolves across the bay...
but more tempted am I
to stick and stay
seated on a
filtered beach...the moths here
have much to teach
me, and I to learn; so
they and I will light
a fire
and watch both our pathways
burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment