Tuesday 24 July 2012

Treasure

“It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure. The caves you fear to enter, hold the treasure you seek.”  - Joseph Campbell
  
I touched on something long hidden
today
and although the way I laid it
bare and bleeding
was wrong in so many ways,
it left me needing to
keep it covered now, only with others
and showed me new
what treasure I have.

I had seen it before,
but never quite
like this...
Never quite
so
glittering
and so simple to touch.
It gave me back my
faith and trust, worn so paper thin,
in being allowed to be a
broken thing; gave me just
an inkling to believe
it would lift my wings again
and help me to fly. I

have never had such treasure
before, that saw my ugliness
and scars
and didn't turn away
but took out some magic
genie of the lamp,
and fixed me
the most important way:
If I lay my soul down in pieces,
it gives more than it takes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment